Saturday, July 3, 2010

You've Got my Hands to Hold (Rest in Peace)



Tyler Blais,
If only I could find our old pictures we took together. If only I could remember our funny nicknames we gave each other. We were like purple pop-tart dinosaur best friends or something. We always had nice talks about Nevershoutnever! and old Chiodos. (I'm sorry for never making you a copy of their old cd) And I will always love the essay you wrote about how if everyone wore mustaches, the world would be a better place :) And I will always remember your Oompa Loompa dance and that you live on Leprechaun Lane, hahahaha! I still remember the first time we met, Monique and I picked you and Alex up from an elementary school and we played at Alex's house. I remember when we (you, me, Monique, and Alex) went to my house and colored pictures for each other with crayons and glitter glue...we made fun of Alex for "hitting on" my sister, hahaha. We went to Simply Sushi in a big group, and snuck you free food hahaha. I will always remember dropping you off at your house, but we stopped and you showed me "January 19th" by 1997, and it still remains one of my favorite songs..."This is it, I'm alive, and I'm livin' for somebody else now, and if by the way, I want you to know, I will be there when the storm gets too close." You will always be my little teddy bear!
We weren't friends for a very long time, but you were always so nice, and funny, and way fun to be around, and I wish I took the time to tell you that. I wish I would have taken the time to talk to you more, and hang out with you like we'd planned months ago.
But I can only go forward. You will help me to remember in my life, that we never know what's
going to happen, as your death was so sudden and unexpected. Thanks to you, I will do my best to be a better person, to be a great friend, because I never know when or if I'll see my friends again, or what will happen to the people who were once a part of my life. Thank you for being a great friend. I miss you, and God be with you til we meet again.
Love always, Miyuki.

07.03.10

No comments: