After our little trip-within-a-trip to Okinawa, we came back to Chiba for the remainder of our stay in Japan. After returning from Okinawa, we were pretty dang tired, and just stayed home for the rest of the night.
06/12 - Today was a recovery day from our trip in Japan, and we just went to Shin-Kamagaya to go shopping! I loved the mall and department store at this train station, they had some great clothes. I came to Shin-Kamagaya atleast 4 or 5 times while I was in Japan.
Shopping in a sock/tights/underwear store at Shin-Kamagaya. I should have bought way more tights and socks, hehe. Next time :)
06/13 - Today, we went to the Ueno Zoo in Tokyo. It was so fun to see all the cute animals! My favorites were the panda and okapi, because you can't find those animals at zoos in Utah! After that, I met up with Kazu in Harajuku. We walked around Harajuku and Shibuya, got some cold noodles for lunch, and went to our friend Masa's band's show! It was a lot of fun, but LOTS of walking that day :P
Ueno Zoo! I love all the lil animals :)
Oh Kazu, I love you.
The Hachiko statue! I'm so happy I got to see it again after watching Hachi :)
Masa! You are a great bass player, you'll go far :)
06/14 - Today we went to DisneySea! It's like Disneyland, but more classy and more adult-ish rides. My favorites here were Tower of Terror, Journey to the Center of the Earth, and Indiana Jones! The amusement parks in Japan also have the most amazing food! Gyoza buns, and awesome flavored popcorn (curry, raspberry, honey, soysauce, etc)!
The Tower of Terror!
Journey to the Center of the Earth!
06/15 - Today, we visited our friend Abe-san! She came to America with my grandma 2 years ago, and stayed at our house. She is such a kind lady, makes amazing food, and makes dolls for a living (and she's dang good at it!). We had lunch at her cute lil apartment in Tokyo, and her apartment looks like the house that Arrietty lives in, on the movie The Secret World of Arrietty. Afterwards, we walked to a park that had beautiful flowers everywhere. So good to see Abe-san, and I hope she comes to visit us again soon!
This is the park by Abe-san's house that we walked to. How pretty is it?
06/16 - Today I just shopped at Shin-Kamagaya and Tsudanuma, not too much. And no pictures for the day.
06/17 - Today I went to church with my friend Kevin! It's crazy, he is my friend from Provo (I know him through Daryl and Cecilia) and he went on his mission to Japan. So, this summer he moved to Chiba for an internship, and it happens to be right by my grandma's house! Anyway, after church, we went to Ueno and shopped around at clothing stores and awesome toy stores! Then, I met up with my extended family (Uncles Naoki and Hiro, aunt Kayoko, and cousins Ryousuke, Yuri, and Chika) and had pizza and sushi for dinner. Unfortunately, we only got to spend time with them today because of our different schedules, but it was good to catch up after 3 years.
My cousins Yuri and Chika, and my siblings Parker and Alyssa. Our pizza and sushi was so good!
06/18 - Today I went to Joyful Honda with my family. The 2nd floor of this store has the best pens, pencils, paints, craft items, and phone accessories. I LOVE IT! Afterwards, I met up with Kevin again, and we ate at Sukiya! It's one of my favorite places to eat, they have amazing eel bowls, mmmm mmmmm! And their food is cheap. My other favorite cheap restaurant is Saizeriya. If you ever go to Japan, you need to eat at these two places. Anyway, after eating at Sukiya, Kevin and I walked to the next train station and ate at Mr. Donut, then did purikura near the station!
Haha, look at this silly rabbit bath cap! They have fun things like this at Joyful Honda :)
This is THE amazing eel bowl (with a raw egg on top) from Sukiya. SO DELICIOUS.
06/19 - Today was so fun! My family went to LaLa Port, which is a huge mall in Chiba. We met up with Miyu, our cute little 17-year-old friend who stayed at my family's house last summer, and her family. I absolutely adored her family! They are an amazing and kind family. We met at 12:00 at LaLa Port, and stayed there until 8:30! We ate lunch, shopped around, did purikura, shopped more, ate yakiniku for dinner, and enjoyed each other's company :)
MIYU! I love you so much!
Purikura with the girls :) From left to right:
Miyu's mom Tamami, Miyu, my mom Yoko, my sister Alyssa, and me!
Our delicious yakiniku dinner! So much meat, but so worth the food baby and stomach pains!
We made bows/bikini tops out of our hot towels, hahaha! We are so funny ;)
The kids :) Me, Parker, Alyssa, Miyu, and her two brothers :)
06/20 - Today I hung out with Kazu and his friend Fujimaru. We went to Kazu's apartment and hung out. It was fun to finally see Kazu's apartment in person, that I've seen so many times over Skype! Then we ate the best ramen I've EVER had (seriously), and got icecream at Baskin Robbins. The Japanese Baskin Robbins has some funny flavors. They have a flavor that has poprock-type candy in it, and it's called "Popping Shower"....HAHAHAHAA. I thought it was hilarious. We also did purikura. So much purikura on this trip, I LOVE it. Anyway, good to see those boys.
Ramen and Baskin Robbins icecream with the boys.
Kazu, your shaky hand made this picture blurry. But, still a good photo of our humid sticky sweatiness ;)
06/21 - Today we went to the Tsukiji Fish Market (world famous, HO yeah) and ate the freshest sushi that I will EVER get to eat. So good. And the fish market was fun to see, with all the people buying fresh (and mostly alive) fish. Afterwards, I had dinner with Kevin at Saizeriya in Shin-Kamagaya, then got icecream! I'm glad Saizeriya was my last dinner in Japan, mm mmmm.
The fish market :)
Freshest sushi I'll ever get to eat. MMMMMM.
Here is my friend Kevin! It was so good to see him a few times during my stay in Japan :)
06/22 - Today we just rode the train to the airport, shopped around, ate, and left to come back to America! It was an amazing trip, and so good to spend time with my family and friends.






















No comments:
Post a Comment