During the last weekend of June, Chris and I took a short trip to western Washington.
On Friday, we stayed in Seattle - we got to enjoy: delicious food and beer from The Pike Brewery, beautiful glass art by Chihuly, the Space Needle, the Fremont Troll, and beautiful music at The Vera Project (an old friend from high school was touring with his band, and happened to play a show while we were in Seattle!).
On Saturday, we ventured off from Seattle to Port Angeles. We got to ride the ferry from Seattle to Bainbridge Island, then had a beautiful drive from Bainbridge Island to Port Angeles. I can say the drive was a GREEN OVERLOAD! It was so beautiful. It made my cry, and I felt completely overwhelmed by nature's beauty. Today was one of the best days I'd had in a while. Chris and I got to explore Ruby Beach, and the Hoh Rain Forest. It took a few hours to get there from Port Angeles, but it was well worth it.
Ruby Beach was unlike any beach I've gone to. It was dark, green, mysterious, and quiet, with very violent water, and tumbled rocks instead of sand. I wish I could stay there forever. The Hoh Rain Forest was also very different from most forests I've been to. All the trees and plants were completely covered and overgrown in moss, and the trees were some of the tallest trees I've ever seen. On Sunday morning, before driving back home to Spokane, we visited Hurricane Ridge. We had the chance to see deer, rabbits, and even a black bear! The mountains were so big and beautiful, the air was almost completely fogged out, and I can never get over how green it was there. Chris and I will definitely make a trip back to Olympic National Park. I recommend any of you nature lovers to visit as well!







No comments:
Post a Comment